KARLİS SATIN FINISHING GYPSUM PLASTER: it is under-paint top coat finishing plaster applied over plaster plates and plastered gypsums having high adhesive power.
Preparation of Application Surface
• The application surface must be cleaned of dust and substances preventing adherence prior to application.
• Special grain-size distribution, yields hard and smooth surfaces that gives a glass-like tine and shiny surface and thus provides a suitable base for applications of plastic or oil paints and wallpaper.
• it could easily be applied manually on surfaces such as concrete, brick, gas concrete, fair-faced concrete, pumice block, briquette etc. in order to establish a hard and smooth surfaces.
Preparation of The Mortar
• The mortar must be prepared in a clean container with smooth surfaces. The container must be free of any remains of previous applications.
• 6 – 7 .O lt. water is added to 1O kg KARLİS Satin Finishing Gypsum Plaster.
• Put water firstly in a clean container then sprinkle KARLİS Satin Finishing Gypsum Plaster until it covers the water surface.
• Wait a few minutes for submerging of surface plaster and mix with a mechanical mixer until a homogeneous mixture is achieved.
• Do not add any water or plaster to the mortar after mixing. Otherwise lumps appear in the mix.
• The mortar can be used for approximately 100 min.
Method of Application
• The thickness of the plaster layer could be between 1-2 mm.
• The mortar application on the wall could be done by steel trowel. Scrape off the residues after they set.
• Bags must be stored in dry places and should not be stacked in more than 18 layers.
• Direct contact with ground and moisture should be avoided.
• Use KARLİS Satin Finishing Gypsum Plaster within 3 months after production date. Over-long storage may deteriorate the physical properties of it.